So this weekend has been the best weekend for me and Tim. Lots of work, but great! We finally found a new apartment! YAY!!! We have been looking over the last 2 months and never found anything too promising. About 3 weeks ago, we found one that we liked. It was in our price range, clean, and was a duplex. (we like to have as few neighbors as possible. :) ) Bad thing, it smelled like gas. They told us 3 companies had come to check it out and said the levels were safe. Plus they were in the process of putting in a new furnace, which was where the gas problem was. We were super excited. (shows how slim the pickings were if the one that smells like gas is something we are super excited about.) So long story short, we wait for three weeks, hearing from them on and off but never a yes or no on whether we have gotten the apartment or not. I start to let it start stressing me out. I start to wonder if we are being cursed by God or tested by God, or if things just happen and we assign a label to it and it is just life. Or what.
We finally gave up on them and started looking again. The part I hate :( And we look at one apartment and really like it. So much better than the original. And were planning on turning in an application, but decide to look at one more...just to see. The pictures didn't look great on the internet, but it was big, and so we checked it out...and it is super nice!! And I mean super nice! It is a 2 bed 1.5 bath (actually with a third toilet only in the basement..a little odd.) and 2,000 square feet!!! So cool!!! Plus it has a yard which I am absolutely excited about for spring and summer. It has an unfinished basement that Tim is super excited about because he can set up a studio down there. Another great thing, we looked at it Wednesday night and filled out the application and were able to move in Saturday! We were wanting to move right away.
Everything just worked out better than we ever imagined it would. This is a lesson I always have to be reminded of--Stressing doesn't solve anything. Do what you can and things work themselves out. Usually better than you would have had them. :) So me and Tim are very happy people right now. But with a lot of stuff to sort through now and unpack....Guess I should probably get back at it. Ta ta for now!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Nice! Congrats guys! :)
ReplyDelete